Saturday, August 02, 2014

Follow That Dream!

Saturday afternoon and I'm finally in after a busy morning making deliveries.  I stopped at Best Buy and bought a 3TB external HD to back up all my stuff as well as my wife's computer too.  I think 3 TB will cover it all and then some.  Funny, I still remember when memory was nearly unheard of in a computer.  My first PC was and IBM PC Jr. and it did not have a hard drive, you booted it from a 5.25 floppy disc.  The first computer I did have with a HD was only 20 MB.  My how time and technology has changed since then.



One thing that has not changed is my dream of creating a sculpted body.

Maybe like this..


Or this!




 That's why I work out and diet. The journey to achieve that dream means I must Never Give Up!  Of course these days it's a challenge just to stay in any kind of decent shape at all.  I must say I have a weakness for chocolate and doughnuts as well as good southern cooking so sometimes I find myself far, far away from that dream being realized.



 Today I am closer than I have been in a while.  I weighed in at 166.5 this afternoon and I had a strong workout this morning.  I had intended to go three sets but time constraints stopped me at two.  I will see if I can do three in the morning.


 A year or so ago I was down to 152 lb but  my workout routine was irregular and my diet was not healthy.  I was weak and needed to find a better way to lose weight and maintain my strength.  I feel like I'm on the right track so far with this new diet and workout.  I design my own diets and I like to eat normal food, I just don't eat as much and I stay away from the bread and sweets for the most part.  I use protein shakes once a day if I can work it in and I like to use fresh juice as well (carrot and apple is my favorite).  I eat allot of salads and fruit often with grilled chicken as a protein and I take Bee Tabs too.  I do cheat from time to time and have the occasional doughnut but I make sure and eat healthy the rest of that day when I do.  I also treat myself to a really good meal at least once a week.  Last night I had a LARGE fried pork chop and some fried shrimp.  Yet, I had a side salad and corn on the cob to go with it.  No potatoes and no bread.  I will keep my desert a secret for now..  :)



So, I have added to the original workout, here's what I have now.

Two Sets

50 jumping jacks (stretch)
25 squats
30 calf raises
50 crunches
25 oblique crunches (both sides)
30 push ups
30-60 seconds of the plank

Good luck with your own workout and diet.  I know how hard it is to resist temptation but we have to keep trying!





No comments: