Sunday, October 08, 2006

Grace Britt

You know there is nothing like a Grandma. I have one that just turned 90 and my son Jason and I traveled down to Spartanburg to visit with her and all the gang who also gathered there to celebrate. Grace Britt or "Granny Britt" as she is affectionately known, lives in Northern Ga. with my uncle and aunt (Franky and Sandy), Bless them both for that! Most of my other relatives live in Georgia too and I of course was born and raised in and around Atlanta. That is another story for another time, just wanted to give you a little background.

My mom and sister live in or near Spartanburg so we all met there for a big dinner at a nice seafood restaurant. It was good to see aunts, uncles and cousins as well as my own immediate family. Many of these folks I only see once a year at our family reunion which we have been doing for over thirty years now, a major miracle in itself I would say for any family. We are blessed no doubt. Anyway it was a good times and I took quite a few pictures, some of which I will try and post here.

Finally I want to say this about Granny Britt. I have her in my mind and heart always, she is that warm feeling deep inside me that creates a sensation in my heart that can only be described as true unconditional love. I have memories from childhood that are good and bad but when it comes to Granny Britt she is the only person I can think of that conjures up nothing but good things in my mind. For me, next to our Lord and Savior, she is the true definition of Grace.

Here are some more pics, enjoy!.



No comments: