Tuesday, August 15, 2006

To Blog or not to Blog

Greetings

It is early on a Wednesday. We had a powerful storm last night that knocked out our power around 9:00 PM just as James Bond was coming on. It was pitch dark so I went to bed. The dogs woke me up about 2:00 AM and I could not go back to sleep. So here I am with my hot black coffee with honey and a tingling head ready to write something so moving and worldshaking that even the terrorists will stop what they are doing to read this blog.

NOT!

I suppose you would have to know me to know I'm just being sarcastic about the fact that I know no one reads this blog but me and maybe a friend or two, perhaps a random stranger from time to time. There are millions of blogs out here in cyber space and mine is about as interesting as the rest of them I suppose so I expect very little.

As today is August 16th I must comment on the fact that Elvis died this day in 1977. It is a shame that such a talented man had to lose his life in such a tragic self inflicted death. His downfall being the many drugs he found himself hooked on and his own celebrity which made it nearly impossible for those around him to convince him he had a BIG problem. I wrote a pretty good short story about Elvis's death a few years ago that can be found in my anthology called "Tales from an Ancient Future". If your interested let me know I'll send you a copy.

Another date in August of interest to me and the world is coming up soon. August 22nd is the day many believe that the President of Iran will begin his mission to bring about the apocalypse which for him will usher in the return of the Muslim Messiah. It is speculation at this point so we do not know if he will do anything or it is just an awful, scary worry. Some say he secretly has acquired a nuclear weapon and intends to use it against Jerusalem. If so it could be the beginning of the end of the world.

For me personally I have an appointment with a cardiologist to find out what is wrong with my heart. I seem to have a slight problem that was found after my last checkup. The doc says it looks as though I may have a hole in my heart. The question is how big is it and will it require surgery to repair. I guess all these questions will be answered in time.

Patience grasshopper.

Changing the subject completely I finally got to see one of my favorite bands last weekend. Steely Dan! They were AWESOME! It was a great pleasure to hear them live and the music was impeccable. There are a few concerts I have to put in my top honors category and this was in the top five for sure along with Paul MaCartney and Pink Floyd. Kudos to those guys for putting on one fine show!

Finally I will sign off saying hello to Elvis wherever he is. I know he was a believer even though he did not live a very Christian life at times (neither have I). I hope he made it to heaven anyway. If so I intend to meet him someday, hopefully not too soon.

No comments: